If you're a looking to take your coffee game to the next level, learning how to make latte art is a great way to impress your customers and express your creativity. Latte art involves creating intricate designs on top of the milk foam in a latte, using simple techniques and tools. While it may seem daunting at first, with some practice and a few helpful tips, you can master the art of latte art and create beautiful, Instagram-worthy designs. In this guide, we'll walk you through the basics of making latte art, including the equipment you'll need and the techniques to follow to create stunning designs. Whether you're a seasoned barista or a beginner, making latte art is a fun and rewarding skill to add to your repertoire. Let's get started!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Utilize either a ceramic or paper cup
- Choose fresh, organic whole milk
- Spring Valley Coffee Espresso beans
- Access an espresso machine that includes a steam wand
- Obtain a stainless-steel pitcher
- Use a thermometer to measure the temperature of the milk
- Start by preparing your tools and ingredients. Make sure everything is clean and ready to use.
- Brew a shot of espresso and pour it into your cup. While the espresso is brewing, you can start to prepare your milk.
- Pour cold, fresh whole milk into your stainless-steel pitcher, filling it up about a third of the way.
- Submerge the steam wand into the milk, positioning it at a slight angle so that it rotates the milk in a circular motion. Turn on the steam wand and froth the milk until the pitcher is too hot to touch and the milk has doubled in volume.
- Turn off the steam wand and tap the bottom of the pitcher on a hard surface to eliminate any large air bubbles. Give the pitcher a quick swirl to mix the milk and foam together.
- Pour the milk into the espresso in a circular motion, starting in the centre and gradually moving towards the edge of the cup. This will create a base of steamed milk.
- Begin to move the pitcher in a back-and-forth motion to create a design on top of the steamed milk. You can use a toothpick or other tools to help create patterns.
- When you're satisfied with your design, gently tap the bottom of the cup on the counter to remove any bubbles in the milk foam.
- Finally, snap a picture of your beautiful latte art and enjoy!
By following these simple steps and practicing regularly, you can learn to make impressive latte art designs that will delight your customers and impress your friends. With a little patience and creativity, you'll soon be creating latte art masterpieces that look as good as they taste!