Welcome to the world of pour over brewing! The pour-over method is a great way to make a delicious, smooth and flavourful cup of coffee. Whether you're a coffee enthusiast or just looking for a new way to enjoy a great cup of coffee, the pour over is a fantastic choice. With its flat-bottomed design and unique wave filters, the Kalita dripper provides a consistent and controlled extraction that results in a smooth, flavourful, and clean cup of coffee. So, whether you're new to pour-over brewing or a seasoned pro, the pour over is a great addition to your coffee-making arsenal. Get ready to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee with every brew!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Kalita dripper
- Kalita filters
- Spring Valley Coffee Gourmet Rongo or Zamanee beans
- Scale (for measuring the coffee and water)
- Kettle (for heating the water)
- Mug or carafe to brew into
- Prepare the Kalita dripper and filter. Wet the Kalita dripper filter to get rid of any paper taste and place it in the dripper. Place the dripper and filter on top of your mug or carafe.
- Grind your coffee. We recommend using a medium-fine grind, similar to sea salt. Measure out 25-30g of coffee and grind it to the appropriate size.
- Heat your water. Fill your kettle with water and heat it to around 95°C. Make sure the water is not boiling, as this will damage the flavour of the coffee.
- Bloom the coffee. Pour just enough hot water over the coffee to wet it and let it sit for about 30 seconds. This will help to release the gases and create a more even extraction.
- Pour the remaining water. Slowly pour the remaining hot water over the coffee in a circular motion, trying to cover all of the coffee. Avoid pouring water onto the sides of the dripper, as this will cause the coffee to brew unevenly.
- Enjoy your coffee! Once all the water has been poured, remove the Kalita dripper and enjoy your delicious, smooth and flavourful coffee.
And that's it! With these simple steps, you'll be brewing a delicious cup of coffee with your Kalita dripper in no time. Happy brewing!